Injections, muscle relaxants, and pain medicine may only cure the symptoms of the issue short term, but chiropractic care can help long term by addressing the root of the problem. There is a lesser probability of getting such symptoms later on when pain is treated at the cause.
It would be similar to removing the battery from a smoke alarm because you don't like the sound, but the fire would still be burning, if you only paid attention to the symptoms. Chiropractic care offers considerably more effective alternatives.
Chiropractors are specially trained in spinal manipulative therapy as well as in several soft tissue therapies, physiotherapy modalities, and exercise/rehab. That way, movement dysfunction is attended too but so is strengthening, stretching, and shoring up the support structures of the frame.
Our treatment differs from traditional methods in that we do not perform surgery or prescribe medication. We utilize gentle pressure with our hands to restore normal movement to fixated joints. This process is called spinal manipulation or “an adjustment”.
Many of the newest chiropractic techniques are actually safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a chiropractor, we use the most advanced chiropractic techniques.
A chiropractor can provide you non-drug treatment choices if you have a problem with your musculoskeletal system.
Treatment that a chiropractor may offer includes:
- Adjustments: To reduce discomfort and increase range of motion by gently realigning joints.
- Soft-tissue therapy: To reduce muscle spasms and tension in the connective tissue that surrounds each muscle (fascia).
- Exercises and stretches: To restore and maintain joint stability and mobility.
- Joint bracing/taping (Kinesio taping): To support sprained joints or muscles as they heal.
- Referrals to integrative medicine specialists for diet and nutrition guidance on how to reduce inflammation and/or encourage healthy eating to shed pounds.
- Collaboration with medical doctors & specialists in co-managing
Our doctor uses the following treatment techniques to relieve your pain and ensure your unique, highly personalized care:
- Diversified Adjusting - traditional hands-on manipulation
- Flexion distraction / Cox – table-assisted axial traction/ decompression
- Thompson – drop-table manipulation
- Activator – low force instrument assisted manipulation
In additional to spinal manipulation, we also offer the following services to help
- Graston Technique®
- Functional Cupping
- Dry Needling
- Active Release Technique®
- Soft tissue massage
- Extremity adjusting
Dr. Nick Liford has 5 years of training and expertise in helping patients get relief for back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other related conditions originating from the spine and extremities. Chiropractic care under a trained professional can even be used to prevent injuries and help you achieve total health or wellness.
However, most acute pain is due to musculoskeletal damage, sometimes referred to as mechanical neck and back pain. Mechanical pain does not typically respond well to a chemical solution (opioids).
The results of this unsuccessful treatment are lowered, and it is used again. Opioid use disorders like dependence, tolerance, and addiction frequently start after an immediate issue such a dental operation, surgery, or injury. Following post-operative or injury-related pain, more than 25% of chronic use occurs.
Here is how chiropractors are helping with the opioid epidemic:
- Chiropractors specialize in the diagnosis of musculoskeletal disorders: their primary responsibility to the patient is to fully diagnose them—not treat them.
- Chiropractors' unique training allows them to find what is causing the pain and work towards finding a solution—not just covering it up.
- Chiropractors select the right treatment, for the right patient, at the right time to resolve problems quickly.
- Chiropractors as a group contribute significantly to the fight against the opioid crisis.
LBP plagues our society as one of the most common causes of disability and healthcare expenditures. Joint dysfunction in the lower back is a primary risk factor for the development & progression of low back degeneration.
Fortunately, chiropractors provide evidence-based treatment of these joints through spinal manipulation, exercise, and specific patient education. Many chiropractic patients will find they experience a reduction in pain after the first visit.